Friday, July 2, 2010

World Cup 2010 - Italian Qoute

Marcello Lippi, Italy coach said;
"I assume complete responsibility for this failure. I was convinced this squad could do a lot better than that – not win the World Cup, but do a lot better. When a team goes into a match as important as this with fear in the stomachs and paralysis in their legs, it’s because the coach hasn’t prepared them well enough mentally, physically and tactically, but above all mentally. That’s obvious. I offer my apologies to Italian sport, the players, the football association – everyone. I’m very sad that my adventure with the Italian football association has come to an end in this fashion. Thank you to everyone for all my years at the helm of La Nazionale and good luck to my successor."

Gianlugi Buffon, Italy goalkeeper said;
"If in three matches – including games against New Zealand and Slovakia – you aren’t capable of winning a single one, then you need to go home and ask yourself what didn’t work. I thought we looked good physically but I think that, above all, we lacked ideas in our play. We never proved ourselves up to the same standard as our opponents."


Oscar El-Capito signing out!




*Photo source: FIFA.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...